Thursday, September 28, 2006

two funnies for the day

1. Today all I've been doing is grading grading grading. S. came over at lunch time with burritos and quesadillas and chips and oh boy he is wonderful. When he got here, I was in the middle of a paper, so I didn't get up right away. But Belly ran to greet him, tail wagging, kisses all over his face, a happy happy girl.

S: The dog greets me, but my girlfriend just keeps on workin'. Hi. I'm here.

Um, sorry.

2. A couple weeks ago I told my students about my next project on boredom. Yesterday a student asked me to say more about it, so I did. Then when I was finished I asked her why she wanted to know.

Student: Have you read The Dirt by Motley Crue?

Me: Um, I haven't read anything by Motley Crue.

Student: Cuz they talk in there about the book being written as a result of sheer boredom. I'll bring it in for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home