Thursday, October 12, 2006

FYHC

I've never taught first-year honors composition, in large part because I always seemed to be working through complex ideas with my classes that I wanted to research, and I wanted to protect myself from the charge that the only reason x or y worked was that I was teaching the best of the best. So I've always opted for the "regular" 101 classes. Plus, let's be honest for a moment--I don't really want to deal with even more entitlement when it comes to grades. And I assume that with a course labeled "honors" there comes a bit more entitlement about A's.

Victor Villanueva has a new online journal called FYHC: First-year Honors Composition (and related matters). (I'm not sure if the parens is part of the actual title.) In any case, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home