Friday, May 11, 2007

S.'s ebay withdrawal

S. is addicted to Ebay. For a very long time he bought a lot of crap on Ebay (but, lest I get in trouble for not mentioning this, he's also gotten me a few things I like a lot on Ebay), but recently we had a talk. About not buying so much on Ebay. So he's been going through something of a withdrawal period.

S.: They've been calling me everyday! They think I'm dead.

When I told him I wanted to buy Belly a reflective collar (Julie's idea, and a good one), he immediately went onto Ebay.

Me: Uh, honey, I don't think a collar is something we need to pay shipping for.

But he showed me some of the ones he found anyway. I was convinced I'd be able to find a cute one here in town. I did get one yesterday, but I'm not thrilled with it. Belly's position as fashion plate is seriously in jeopardy. She's now wearing a red collar decorated with reflective paw prints. Talking with my friend Nan yesterday, I was trying to come up with the term to describe this collar, the one that only bad doggies have to wear to let the world know they're bad. Not an ankle bracelet, cuz you can't really see that....

Nan: The scarlet collar.

Me: Exactly.

So last night I looked again at Ebay's selection of reflective collars, and I gave in. We're paying $2.99 for shipping for this collar. It's not quite as scarlet and it's not quite as trite.

And S. feels so much better because he's back in with Ebay. Phew.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, in my defense:

I am NOT addicted to e-bay. I can quit anytime I want (just kidding). Seriously though, I buy things from e-bay instead of buying them in stores or on other web sites. Granted, I do buy some things that I probably shouldn't because I really don't NEED them (although Amy and I have differing opinions on what I need and don't need), but who doesn't do that?

Plus, I got several of her birthday and Christmas presents from e-bay, so there are some positive things about it even for her. And she has actually ASKED me to get on e-bay to look for things.

To sum it all up:
1) Not addicted
2) e-bay good
3) Amy benefits from it

S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home