Wednesday, May 09, 2007

my doggie wog, she's just like me

I'm loud.

She's loud. At the dog park, she has designated herself referee and yells to try to break up any group of dogs who are having too much fun. She also yells to try to get the doggies to play with her, but they pretty much ignore her. And the daily visit by the mailman? Let's not even go there.

She's needy. When she's not getting enough attention, she'll come over to you, shake her whole body so her tags make lots of noise, and then paw you a couple times. I'm here. Why aren't you petting me?

I'm needy. I'll be at S.'s house, he'll be doing something in another room, and I'll yell, Honeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. What? Nothing. (Why aren't you petting me?)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the label "needy." I do admit to the same behavior as you, though.

I am not a needy person. Far from it. I am very independent. I am an only child and am not dependent on others to entertain me. I'd guess you're pretty similar.

I think every once in a while we sort of wake up from our own self-involved lives, thoughts, and dreams, that we need to reassure ourselves that the other person is okay and capable of running his/her own life, too. It's sorta like turning on the oven light or opening the door to check to see if the cookies are doing okay.

After being out on the patio, especially at night, my cat will come in and just stand there with head cocked to one side and give me a look that says, "Well?"

That doesn't mean that at other times she doesn't come over to mark her territory (me) and roll around in ecstasy like your doggie.

And when it's a human who acts similarly toward a significant other, well, in my book that ain't "needy," it's pure unadulterated "lust." ;)

shoe

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

i gotta learn to demand pats. very healthy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home