Thursday, April 26, 2007

uh-oh, it's that time of year again

That time of year when I get all nostalgic for the classes I'm currently teaching, not wanting them to end because we're all just at the point when the rapport is strongest and we're learning the most from one another.

These people teach me so much, not just about writing and about reading, but about living. I wish I had the wisdom at that age that some of them have now. Shit, I wish I had that kind of wisdom now, at this age.

I know I'm probably romanticizing all this even as I experience the last week or so with these two groups of students this semester, because surely it hasn't all been good. But more than anything, I think, teaching students who respond in the ways so many of these students have responded meets a deep psychological need to feel like I'm doing good. And I do. I feel like I'm doing good.

What more could a girl ask for?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this feeling! I usually bring a camera on the last day of class and take a picture of each class. When I'm feeling low, I get out all my class pictures and remember each class in all its fabulousness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home