Wednesday, April 25, 2007

following the rules

My honey bought me a sleeveless Cubs shirt recently, and when it arrived in the mail he was a bit concerned that it would be too small for me. It looks really small, he tells me on the phone. Will you go measure one of your shirts from armpit to armpit so I can ease my mind?

Me: No. Just wait till I get there and I'll try it on.

He: Just go measure one of your shirts.

Me: I'm not gonna measure my shirt from pit to pit.

He: Fine.

When I get to his house later that night and see the shirt, I immediately decide that there's no way it'll fit me. But I try it on anyway and, much to my surprise, the material is stretchier than it looks, so it fits. I go look in the mirror.

Me: Honey! It shows off my rolls.

He: No it does----. I mean, you don't have any rolls.

Me: Nice one.

He: How can it show off your rolls if you don't have any?

He wipes the sweat from his brow, thinking he got away with that one.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you Amy!! I am investigating this whole blogger thing, and checked out dooce. I could hang out with that woman, for sure. You have so many blogs, I had no idea! I can't wait to read them all!! These sites do seem pretty fun, much cooler than myspace:) After next week, I will look into setting myself up with one, and if its okay, when I do, I will send you the link. Your Belly-girl might have the lovliest snoot I have ever encountered....

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind my first comment. I got sucked in and signed up. I am officially a blogger! Here is all my info, since I am not sure how you look people up:

Screename: Puppinmama
Name of Blog: Go Blog Yourself.
Link: http://puppinmama.blogspot.com/

The only thing I have posted is David Schwimmer, so there isn't much else to see. And I am NOT writing anything til after graduation....seriously I'm not.

I am off to the mall now to buy you and I some BBF necklaces (Best Bloggers Forever). Have a good day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home