Monday, April 23, 2007

happy birthday to my hun-bun

I gave S. the world's best birthday present on Saturday night: tickets to see the CUBS in June! At Wrigley Field! My first time ever! We were so excited about this that we immediately went online and bought another pair! For a game in July! When it will no doubt be 400 degrees!

My honey, he's happy with his gift.

Not only that, he's becoming a dang good Scrabble player. And I'm becoming a bit of a Cubs fan. I even have a Cubs shirt or two, courtesy of my honey.

I was teaching S. the strategies to get the most points in a Scrabble game, one of the most important being to never use your "S" unless it gets you 8 extra points. See, cuz you can always make more than one word with the "S" and you don't want to just use it blindly. In the early stages, this conversation happened:

Me: Uggggghhhh, you gonna go any time soon?

He: I can do DOT or DOTS.

How cute it he?

He did DOT, saving his S for a better move. Wisely.

He's getting better every time we play, and he's learning the two-letter words. All-important.

I told him if he's good tonight, we can play Scrabble on his birthday. And maybe watch the Cubs. The Red Sox will always be first in my heart because I'm geographically loyal, but this could be fun, this rooting for the losing team.

Happy birthday to my snuggle bear.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home