Thursday, April 05, 2007

personal essays I'd like to write someday

Lately I've been saying, "I've really gotta write an essay about _____________." Here are some of those blanks. To look back on during those times when I have nothing to do.

1. my tendency to oversell. It will be the best, most mind-blowing essay anyone has ever read.
2. my mother's divided feelings about men and the effects such feelings have had on my own feelings about men.
3. anticipating memories before the events even happen.

There are more, at least a couple more, but I can't remember them for the life of me. I'll remember them tonight as I'm falling asleep. But the computer will be turned off and there'll probably be no paper by my bed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

You know, I have my own list that's getting longer. We should start exchanging writing, little scenes or something, to get us writing.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

That's a great idea. And I like #3--I tend to start thinking about how I'll describe things to other people while said things are still happening. And someone suggested that that's not so bad...though it's one of the reasons I'm attracted to meditation... ommmm... beeee.... heeerrrreeee... nooooowwww...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home