Thursday, March 29, 2007

Belly and the birdbath

It's just not easy being the biggest of four doggies, Annabelle wants you all to know.

On his back deck, S. has two birdbaths. He cleaned them out and filled them on Tuesday afternoon. He also has three doggies who are short, much shorter than the youngest child, Belly. Belly's the young big one.

I filled a dog bowl with water and put it out for all of them on the deck. Even though they have access to the kitchen through the doggie door, I still thought they'd like having a special outdoor bowl.

Rather than drink out of the dog bowl, Belly was caught in the act of lapping out of one of the birdbaths. It's just at her level. I told this to one of my colleagues a few minutes ago.

She: It must be nice to have that kind of entitlement.

Me: Yup. I love that she has it. All creatures should feel that way.

She: She has her very own goblet in the back yard.

So now, the next time I go to S.'s house, I've got to remind him that that's not a birdbath, silly, it's Belly's personal water goblet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

"Entitlement"--what a lovely word. In fact, my therapist mentioned the other day that I was entitled to--deserved--certain things. I, of course, demurred.

Which is why I'm in therapy.

Not that I really want my own giant outdoor goblet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home