Friday, March 09, 2007

oh good lord I needed this weather

52 degrees. Life already looks so much better (not that it was looking bad, mind you, but you get my drift), and on Sunday we get an extra hour of daylight.

First day of spring break. Today's plans: Nuttin, nuttin, and a little more, um, nuttin. I went to bed around 11:30, had massively weird dreams, woke up at one point with an appendage attached to my upper body that had utterly no feeling, shook it a bit, and went back to sleep. Woke up at about 8, let the girl outside, and went back to bed. For two more hours. Holy sheee-it. I was a tired girl. Poor Belly was abandoned outside for two hours, but she made good use of her time. She picked up all the poop and then picked up all the sticks and put them in a neat pile for me to carry to the curb. When I finally let her in, she was a bit clingy, more so than usual. Poor girl thinks her mommy abandoned her. I have been known to fall back asleep, leaving her out there in the rain. In a yard with no shelter whatsoever. But today is the start of a string of days in the 50s, so the guilt shall evaporate relatively quickly.

Since getting those last two articles accepted, I've been a bit easier on myself about relaxing, taking entire days off because I need them, trusting that the work I'm doing is good, that I'm being productive even when it feels like I'm not. Giving myself a break.

For more laughs, I present you with this, wholly unrelated to the rest of this post. Context: in the car on the way home from dinner.

Me: My butt really is getting smaller. I just bought these pants a size smaller and they're already sagging.

S.: I keep telling you that.

Me: You love my butt.

S.: I do.

Me (classic): You mean you didn't love my big butt?

S.: Of course I did.

Me: Wrong answer. You're supposed to say I never really had a big butt.

S.: Please don't blog this.

Me: I can't help it. It's a compulsion.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. I felt sexy today. Why? Because I'm not wearing long underwear!
2. Have you ever woken up and felt a strange hand on your face, only to grab it and rip it away and discover it's your *other* hand?
3. Wouldn't that make a good Stephen King-esque novel? The body parts one by one become SOMEBODY ELSE'S?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Dang, what IS this thing attached to me? It keeps picking up chocolate covered pretzles and potato chips but AMY is on a DIET. This arm must belong to someone ELSE. I love it!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Jack said...

um...that's awesome...i may have had a similar conversation with emily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home