Wednesday, March 07, 2007

what men don't get about women's hair

The following is a telephone conversation that took place yesterday, after I spent all of $12.95 on my Supercut:

Moi: I got my hairs cut after school today.

S.: Don't you usually just do it yourself?

Moi: Yeah, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It was driving me nuts.

S.: So why didn't you just cut it when you got home?

Moi: Because I couldn't take it anymore.

S.: How much did they cut off?

Moi: It was just a trim: probably about a half inch.

S.: A half inch was enough to drive you crazy?

The poor boy.

The following is a conversation I had yesterday with Julie Wonka before I got my haircut.

Moi: My hair is driving me crazy. I have to get it cut NOW.

JW: I know. I totally know the feeling.

We then engage in other, ultra significant conversation.

Three minutes later:

Moi: God my hair is horrible. You do know the feeling when you just have to get it cut immediately, right?

JW: What about the time I called my hairdresser and told her it was an emergency because a colleague just told me I had a mullet? Uh, yeah, I understand.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mike @ Vitia said...

Indeed we don't. I'm doing the Britney, shaving it razor-close every morning, and loving it.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. We *are* speaking in trends and tendencies, rather than absolutes, right? (That's a given with this crowd.)
2. I SOOOO understand. My hair's bugging me lately, and I realized how long it had been since I'd had it cut. Gotta get me in for some stylin'!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jack said...

i hear ya...oh chuck.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily he didn't ask you how much it cost to cut that 1/2-inch off. If he had, you'd have had to strike a bargain: he never mention how much it costs to cut your hair again, and in return you'll never mention how much he pays for tools again!

Shoe--the troublemaker

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

Conversation a few weeks ago between me & my hairstylist:
Me: My son wants you to style his hair while he's here.
She: OK. How long is his hair?
Me: It's long. Longer than mine.
She: Becky, EVERYbody has hair longer than yours.

Nevertheless, yesterday, right after my manicure:
She: Are we doing a haicut today?
Me: God, yes. It's so floppy, it's driving me crazy.
She: Oh, yes, I see. It's down to where it's touching your ears.

All of which is a longwinded, me-centered way of saying, I so totally know what you're talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home