Thursday, February 15, 2007

happy birthday, ISU

150 years old today. Happy Founder's day, happy birthday, etc. I do declare, we've got some might heavy hitters coming to speak this year, including David McCullough (today), Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Doris Kearns Goodwin, RFK Jr, Jonathan Kozol, Robert Ballard, and Naomi Judd (I had to look that one up to see that it was really that Naomi Judd. Yup).

Last week one of my seniors told me she'd be missing senior sem today. When I asked her why, she said she was attending a luncheon with President Bowman. Well, then. Harumph. Please tell President Bowman that you'll be missing out on a tantalizing discussion of Mark Hoffman's Emily Dickinson forgery.

We is old.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

You're not gonna make that farting dust joke again, are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home