Saturday, February 17, 2007

now we're ALL on a diet

Lordie, lordie, Belly's gained 3 pounds in a month. Not good. Not good atall (all one word).

On Wednesday, S. had the DIRECTV guy over for SEVEN hours, but that, my friends is another story, one for the telephone rather than the blog because I just can't bear to write it all out. But in the meantime I will give you one word: IDIOT (all three syllables drawn out for full effect). In any case, part of that idiocy involved leaving the fence gate open as he went in and out, and your favorite doggie got out. She didn't get far because the snow drifts are so high in everybody's yards, so we got her back pretty quickly, but god, I was furious. So back in the house, Belly's holding up her front paw and I think it's just because it's cold, so I warm it up with a towel. She walks away and goes into S.'s bathroom to hide. Now we know something's wrong. So I look more closely at her foot and find that her dew claw--or, the spot where her dew claw should be--is bleeding. Her nail seems to have been torn off.

We take her to the vet the next day and find that she's gained 3 pounds in a month and has no waist left. I mean, I guess we could've seen that she has no waist, but it took the scale to point it out to us. Two years ago she was 76 lbs, now she's 84, and that's just not good. Off to Target I went to buy a big bag of IAMS weight control food, along with some weight control biscuits. I realize that a big part of this is the weather. We're just not getting out as much because of the snow and the cold. But I worry about her gaining this weight and not losing it, so we're taking action. For the dew claw, she's on antibiotics to prevent infection.

And you can all rest assured that DIRECTV has taken a BIG chunk of money off S.'s bill to make up for the vet bill that we never would've had to pay if it weren't for this guy's IDIOCY. They couldn't pay the vet bill directly unless we sued the individual installer, but S. will be watching TV for three months free, thank you very much.

Sometimes I really hate people. I'm even beginning a new category for blog entries: idiocy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Good for you for demanding restitution of some kind! Maddie says the IAMS weight control works quite well, and has lots of fiber for healthy digestion.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

Dogs have waists?

Oh, we lived on IAMS weight control for years before she had to go to medicated food. And winter was always bad, and not just for her.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

yup. When they're sitting, and you look at them from behind, their middles should turn inward like an hourglass just before the hips and feet.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Know how I can tell I've lost weight? I have a neck--and collar bones--and a hint of ribs around the sternum-adjacent region. Yea!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home