Friday, April 06, 2007

ever the dutiful life directee

The beloved life director has tagged me with a meme-o-rama. I am supposed to list five things I do every day that contribute to "success." Scare quotes optional.

1. Teach. Okay, I don't do this everyday, but I know very very well from lots and lots of experience that when I don't teach I go a little bit nuts. This doesn't apply to summer somehow, perhaps because I feel like I'm allowed to rejuvenate during that time. My students keep it real for me. Also, I make it a point to teach things I've been wanting to read and likely won't get around to otherwise.
2. Set aside time and space for writing. I come to my office at school where there is no dog and there is no laundry and there is no house to clean. Force myself to sit here for 2-3 hours before I'm able to go home.
3. Remind myself that I'm doing good. I so often suffer from that little nag on my shoulder telling me that I'm not doing enough that sometimes I just have to SCREAM back that, yes, I am, thank you very much. I'm getting stuff published and I've got stuff in the works.
4. Get enough sleep. There is nothing more delicious in life than sleep.
5. Walk that beautiful doggie at least twice a day. I cannot rest (see #4) if I haven't gotten her the exercise I know she needs. Side effect: I get at least two walks a day.

Tag, you're it, Schmoozin, Nels, and Mike.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

Ack! An assignment! I'll get on it.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

thou art an obedient and beauteous coarthur

 

Post a Comment

<< Home