Saturday, April 14, 2007

cruel, cruel April

Imagine if I were a person prone to depression.

Oh, wait a minute. I am one of those. And this month is going to be the death of me.

THIS WEATHER is enough to make Pollyanna shoot herself. Drizzly, cold, gray, miserable.

Because I'm on meds, I work to look for the silver lining, and here's what I came up with: at least with weather like this, I don't ever feel like I'm missing out on a gorgeous day when I'm sitting in a classroom. THAT'S IT. That's all I could do.

I feel like I'm trapped in a cruel joke.

Dar Williams' song "After All" comes to me now:
And it felt like a winter machine
That you go through and then
You catch your breath and winter starts again
And everyone else is spring bound

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I love Dar. We should go see a concert -- she plays in St. Louis and Chicago sometimes. And, I hear ya about April -- you should go check out Dev.'s letter to her.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 16..snow in the backyard..though the all the rain melted most of it. It was so flooded here even home depot closed. Misery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home