Wednesday, November 21, 2007

a Scrabble weakness

Okay, not really. Yesterday when I was at Barnes and Noble, I happened upon this here Scrabble-doku book of puzzles. And I figured that since it has to do with Scrabble and figuring out words, I'd be pretty good at it.

Let's back up 6 months or so and talk about the time when, visiting S.'s parents in North Carolina, I tried Sudoku for the first time. S.'s stepmom, Janet, patiently taught me how to do it, along with some of the tricks, and I tried it and got very frustrated. Decided it wasn't for me. I'm not a numbers person.

Last night I tried a few Scrabble-doku puzzles, the ones categorized as "beginner," which comes before those categorized as "very easy." I did okay on the first couple. But by the third one I had to cheat a little bit. And I said to S., "I got it but I had to cheat."

Puzzle 4: after a few choice words, I say to S., "I got it but I had to cheat."

And so on. As they get harder, I have to rely on the cheating even more. And I tell myself that the cheating is a way for me to figure out how to get better at the game. Uh, yeah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home