Tuesday, December 18, 2007

winter comfort

I made this bread bowl from a small round loaf of sourdough. Filled it with chili, topped it with cheese, and had a yummy winter meal. S. didn't get one. He has fears of soggy bread. This is also why he doesn't like stuffing on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love it. Yummers.

Proofing the book today. Tomorrow S. and I are headed up to Chicago to the Diamond Headache Clinic for the day. I haven't posted much about S.'s migraines because they're so upsetting and there's really not much to say except that he needs better help. His appointment's at 1:00, but the first appointment usually takes 3-4 hours. Wish us luck.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all else fails: Food allergy, food allergy, food allergy. I know you have some friends who pooh-pooh the vegan lifestyle, but check out John A. McDougall, M.D., The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health, page 345 et seq. He advocates exactly what you're doing: ruling out other problems. If nothing helps then, one should consider a change "to a low-fat, non-dairy, starch-based diet." Another consideration is alcohol and caffeine allergy.

Note to S.: You don't have to eat the soggy bread. You could just stick with the chili! Personally, as a vegan, I'd skip the cheese and I would use tofu crumbles if I absolutely had to mimic meat--usually, I don't. I make fake cheese, and I know I have my detractors, but it is still better than nothing--not that nothing is bad.

P.S. I know I will not live any longer than you-all, but to me "quality of life" is far more important than length of life, and if it means doing away with aches and pains and other serious and not-so-serious problems, I'm willing to change my lifestyle. It's personal. It's working for us. It works for other people I know. But I am not an obsessed animal-rightsist. This is about feeling good.

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home