Wednesday, October 15, 2008

goings-on

First, we're getting married November 8, people. I know, I know, we said we were doing it June 13. But S.'s stepmom is having a hard time finding someone to come to the house to actually marry us, and lord, the stress that comes with the IDEA of being the center of attention for such an event is making me break out in hives. Really and truly. I've got bumps all over my freakin' body. So we're gonna get married in a very small ceremony on the 8th with only a handful of close friends and family. Parties to follow, one here in IL, probably in the spring, and one in June, on the 13th still, in North Carolina. And I promise not to wear a dress. Jeebus.

We need a new roof. The one that is currently covering our heads is likely to collapse, and soon. Lordie pie. Anybody got $7,000 they don't mind parting with? All that money and it's not even anything fun. We got to pick the color, though. Hunter green, to match the shutters.

Wrigley had been limping on and off for a few weeks, and on Monday morning she couldn't move, so we brought her in, they did x-rays, which revealed that a) she doesn't have arthritis, which is a good thing because she's so young and arthritis at this age would be a sign of something much worse; and b) it may just be the way she's formed that causes this little ridge on her elbow, but in order to find out we've got to keep her inactive for two weeks. Um, let me say that again. WE HAVE TO KEEP THIS DOG INACTIVE FOR TWO WEEKS. My immediate response to the vet: can we leave her here? And if not, can I stay here for those two weeks? They gave us some doggie downers for her (poor thing), but so far they seem to not be affecting her. Not taking her on walks is breaking my heart. She's such a happy happy girl, up for anything, and she loves her walks like Belly does. Please please please let her be okay.

I told S. last night that fall is gonna be a busy gift-giving time for him now that we're getting married two weeks after my birthday. heh. He says he can deal with it.

I think I may be ready soon to send out a full draft of the effin' book. I'm really not sure how I feel about it anymore. I need someone else to read it. But it's a little scary.

So, the hives. Yes. My arms are covered in bumps. My neck, my legs, even my ass. It ain't pretty.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

You will get through this. The hives will go away. And you will be Sadie Sadie Married Lady. And Wriggles will be okay.

I am so so so happy for you. And I know S knows how lucky he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home