Sunday, October 05, 2008

ugh

Today I'm wearing the Wrigley Field sweatshirt I bought for myself when we went to see the Cubbies play in August. It's chilly out.

Today I guess I'm begining to understand better what it feels like to be a Cubs fan. God, I love those boys, but what on earth were they DOING these last three games? Where was my Rammy the clutch hitter? Where was Soto's Rookie-of-the-year performance? Where was the PITCHING?

Being the optimist that I am (as if), I tell myself that now I can schedule my days around other things and I can bond with other Cubs fans who feel the same pain I do. Okay, really, they feel it so much worse.

And then we take the girls for a walk.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our household feels your pain. Ann is a devoted Cubs fan and is not happy this morning. I'd been rooting with her for the Cubs (up to a potential meeting with the BoSox, at which point we'd have needed counseling).

There's a beauty to watching the playoffs without a rooting interest, but that's much harder to enjoy if the playoffs didn't start that way.

Play with the dogs a lot. It's the only real solution.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll share my Rays with you if that will make you feel any better.
;)
shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home