Tuesday, October 21, 2008

on the day of my birth

I had a wonderful birthday, complete with a terrific celebration with friends on Saturday night. Damn, I got some good ones. Friends, that is.

And, well, some good presents too.

I sent off the little book. Fly away, little book. If the world decides you should live, you shall. If not, well, we'll talk about that later.

AND I learned that I won a teaching award I didn't even know I'd been nominated for.

M. made me a beautiful besprinkled cake--yummers! And A. made me an apple pie that rivals even my own. Now we've just got to get S.M.B. to participate in an apple pie bakeoff and all will be right with the world.

Thank you, friends, for being so good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day! Teaching award, manuscript submitted, b-day celebrations, presents, and pie--Oh My! I'm so happy for you; you deserve it all, my friend. Btw, best of luck with the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home