Sunday, February 27, 2005

go Baby

Yay for Million Dollar Baby. I loved that film and I'm thrilled to see that critics are understanding that the film is a story and not necessarily a social commentary on assisted suicide. As Ellen Goodman puts it:
‘‘Million Dollar Baby’’ is no more a movie about assisted suicide than ‘‘The Aviator’’ is about obsessive-compulsive disorder and ‘‘Sideways’’ is about alcoholism.
Or perhaps I love the movie so much because it is for me a commentary on what it means to live rather than just to breathe. Hear me now: if I'm ever dependent on machines, take me off. Not interested.*

*I wonder if a blog can function as a living will if it came right down to it. Sue, that's your job, so print this out.

6 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Don't want to be dependent on machines, eh? How literally do you want us to take that?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Depends on the day. Some days, quite literally.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

I think S is suggesting that you might want to, for example, give up your computer?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

I think S is suggesting that you might want to, for example, give up your computer?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Dependent on my computer? Who me? Never!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

tee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home