Thursday, July 14, 2005

4

Happy birthday to my sweet sweet Annabelly. Today's agenda:
1. Walk
2. Sleep
3. Treats
4. Sleep
5. Party at the dog park, complete with birthday hats and home-baked beefy treats
6. Smile for the camera
7. Sleep
8. Eat part of Mommy's dinner
9. Sleep
10. Walk
11. Rawhide
12. Sleep

For those readers who haven't seen Annabelle in almost a year, you wouldn't believe what a grown-up doggie she is. Apparently she's gone through a crisis of adulthood at about the same time as her mom. She listens to me much better than she ever did even a year ago, she comes when she's called, and she generally just wants to please me. Sometimes at the dog park, instead of running around with the puppies, she stands right by me and listens in on the adult conversations, punctuating them once in a while with a shout of agreement. As if to say, I know, I know, these puppies can be something, can't they?

Yesterday I wrote about what a lucky girl she is. Today I write about what a lucky girl I am to have found such a wonderful dog. Here's to ten more great years, little girl.

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Maddie's day:
1. Sleep.
2. Forced to go outside to pee.
3. Sniff breakfast.
4. Sleep and watch Susan work on diss.
5. Greet real estate agent and clients.
6. Sleep.
7. Go outside to poop and generally sniff about.
8. Sleep and watch Susan work on diss.
9. Generally resent Susan for not going to the park.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Well, Maddie's invited to Belly's birthday party. Put her on a plane!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Yeah, because there's nothing like the dog-aggressive party guest to liven things up!

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell the big girl happy birthday from me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home