Tuesday, July 05, 2005

softball on the 4th

Had such a fun time yesterday at Bill and Cherlyn's 6th annual 4th of July par-tay. When they picked teams for softball, I began to feel like I did in 6th grade and I feared I'd be the last kid picked, but Bill chose me early on. Must've been my Team Gold Bond shirt that made him think I'd be okay on the field. Our team name: The Gay Mets. Lord. I can't even remember the other team's name, but shit, we had fun. We played with a 16-inch softball, so we didn't use gloves, and one catch I made hurt my left pinky. Injured. And then I fell on my butt trying to make it to second base to get Julie out (which I didn't). But we all laughed a lot in the process.

I took Annabelle over to the Normal fireworks display when I got home. She was such a good girl, not the least bit afraid of all the booms. She's a huntin' dog alright, nonplussed by all the loud shots. She was much more interested in getting lovin' from complete strangers. Which she did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home