Wednesday, July 06, 2005

reading, ADD

Just finished reading Empire Falls and now I'm dying to see the HBO miniseries. I went to Borders yesterday and bought Nobody's Fool, though I remember when that movie was out, I wasn't all that interested. But Russo's awesome. Love him.

Monique Maria Schmidt, friend from Syracuse's MFA program, has published her first book, and I'm anxious to get myself a copy. It's called Last Moon Dancing, and I'm sure it's wonderful. Plus, it's memoir, which I love, as you all know.

Have to say I was disappointed with Welfare Brat. Didn't get very far before quitting. I just didn't care about the characters quickly enough, I guess.

This has nothing to do with reading, but here it is: every time I move, I tell myself I don't really have all that much stuff. Then I start packing and I've instantly proven myself a liar. I have a lot of crap. And I brought 6 big boxes of books to school. I guess when you've got this much crap, it's good to have friends to help carry the crap. Thanks, friends.

Made a new friend this week, too. Kelly is from New Jersey, teaches elementary P.E. and is a fucking laugh riot. Sillier and more sarcastic than me. What could be better? She observed while talking with me at lunch today that I'm an ADD talker and she's completely right and I know why. Because I know if I don't say something the minute I think of it, I'll forget it and go, "I meant to tell you something else, but now I can't remember." Which I do ALL the time.

Oh, and today's date is 7-6-5. My slight tendency toward OCD makes me recognize such things. Like, I still remember that Sarah Ferguson had a baby on 8-8-88 because the date was so awesome.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

ADD speech patterns...it's why I miss you soooo much: you can actually understand me!

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

Didya know that Empire Falls was filmed in Waterville ME where Tracy lives, and she and Chris actually had a cup of coffee with hunky Adrien whose last name I can't remember? I haven't read the book but watched the miniseries. It reminded me of why I don't watch much stuff of any sort that's made for TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home