Thursday, July 07, 2005

teaching anxiety--already!

In last night's dream, I had an 8:30 class and an 11:00 class, two sections of the same course. Taught the 8:30 fine. But when it came time for the 11:00, I didn't have my books, my notes, or even my schedule that told me where the classroom was. When I finally found my schedule, it said the class was in the "vocational building" and then, in parentheses it said "(at least 20 minutes away by car)." So I said, fuck it. I didn't go. And then I was all stressed out that the two sections were going to be off, so I'd have 2 preps after all.

Then I had a dream about eating too many peanut butter cups. Julie told me she once had a dream that the house she was living in was made of Nestle Crunch. ha!

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

LOL. Over dinner last night we were talking about teaching nightmares (and BP was once again bragging about how he never has them), and David N. said that his teaching nightmares are in restaurant metaphors. His life as a chef is a metaphor for his teaching life. Pretty cool, eh?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

My partner can always tell when I'm teaching in my sleep (that's assuming it's the sort of dream where I actually make it to the class)--an elevated mumbling, sort of like the grownups in the Peanuts shows...

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home