Monday, September 26, 2005

Belly welcomes me home

I got home about 7:00 last night, took the girl for a short walk, and began cleaning like a madwoman because that's what I usually do on the weekend. I could see myself as I was doing it--the crazy woman who doesn't know how to relax--but I couldn't help myself. The dog hair everywhere and the dirty kitchen floor--they were getting to me and I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew I had to wake up to cleaning. So there I am, exhausted after doing all this cleaning, resting on the couch. I call Belly up to the couch with me (she's not a big snuggler, but I forced her up) only to find out that she absolutely reeks. While I was vacuuming, it seems the girl decided to go out back and roll in her own poop. Her way of punishing me for leaving her for all of four days. She got a bath from a very tired mommy and now she's soft and she smells wonderful, but boy am I a tired girl.

She's such a strong-willed little beast, but alas, she does crack me up, so I can't complain too much. I like her spunk. I like that she's smart enough to punish me for leaving. Wasn't too thrilled about it last night, mind you, but still.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

It means you matter to her! It's her way of saying, "I love you so much that I'm mad you went away so I'm going to do something disgusting to show you just how mad I am." And behold, she succeeded.

The Fur Burgers have let me off easy this time; no punishments. BP thinks it's cuz I go away so seldom now that they're not so pissed. Whatever; I sure do like not having little "presents" around the house and little scratches on my hands. OTOH, Luigi has a urinary infection (which is usually from stress). So yeah, that's the worst punishment: I made her sick.

But it WAS a good conference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home