Tuesday, September 20, 2005

mother of god I'm tired

Exhausted. Not enough sleep being had. Too much thinking being done. Too many papers being responded to. This girl's wiped. I'm so glad I'm going to Ann Arbor this weekend. It'll be good to get in the car and drive...good thinking time to be had there. I realized only last night that this trip involves a time change, so I won't be getting there as early in the evening as I thought I would. And it'll be good to get the boss to help me figure out what I'm doing next. I have so many ideas and so many things I want to read that I end up feeling paralyzed with the possibilities and so I end up doing nothing.

Last night's sleep was fraught with dreams, as is, of course, not uncommon, especially after watching the season premiere of my new favorite show, Medium. I'm in Michigan with no car and I'm trying desperately to get home to Massachusetts but I can't find a map and I can't get in touch with anyone at home to help me. Don't know where I'm going, can't communicate with anyone. Ugh. So I finally decide that if I just keep walking east (as if I have a sense of direction, right?) I'll eventually make it home to Massachusetts. Here's a funny: Dunkin' Donuts was in the dream. I didn't eat any, but the further east I walked, the more they popped up. I must've been getting close.

I want one with sprinkles on top. Comfort.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

You *like* Medium?? Ick. That's all I have to say. (And this from the woman you claim is addicted to tv...)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Oh, and my sister once had a dog who, whenever she escaped out the front door, would head east. Really. Fortunately, from my parents' house, she would run out of easterly road within half a block. She once took off from a place my sister was housesitting and was gone for weeks. She'd headed east til she hit Lake Washington, and stayed in that neighborhood for quite a while, til someone saw my sister's ad.

Not to suggest you are in any way like Sadie. Really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home