Saturday, September 24, 2005

twist 'n shout

I ditched part of the conference this morning to see a little bit more of Ann Arbor the cute little college town as opposed to Ann Arbor the Michigan Union on campus. Somehow I managed to navigate my way through the maze of one-way streets in Kerrytown to find the famous Zingerman's deli and coffee house. I stood in line, chose a bagel, and heard the woman in front of me order a "twist 'n shout," which, it turns out, is a sourdough roll filled with chunks of chocolate. A chocolate chip sourdough roll, essentially. Um, I no longer want this boring old bagel, I told the girl behind the counter, and she graciously took it back and gave me a yummilicious twist 'n shout. I consumed it as a drunk consumes his guilty pleasure: out of the paper bag in gulps. I have tiny chocolate stains on my blue pants and I had chocolate stains all over my face. But shit, it was good. I just may have to go back there to get a couple for the road.

I bought some delicious macintosh apples from the farmer's market, found Trader Joe's, which we don't have in B-N, and made my way back here to the hotel. There's a session I do want to go to this afternoon on forgeries and frauds, so I shall wipe the chocolate from my person and make an appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home