Sunday, November 27, 2005

today I blog to procrastinate

Cool, rainy Sunday morning in Bloomington, Illinois. I've showered, I've eaten, I'm drinking my coffee. The girl has gone out, done her little dance in the back yard, and come right back in to snuggle up to the flannel sheets on the bed. I've got end-of-the-semester-itis. And practically no skin left on any of my fingers, down to the first phlange (Hillary loves that word).

Yesterday I borrowed from the local library a copy of David Sedaris' new edited collection, Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules on CD and listened to it on my drive to and from Champaign. I never read short stories, but I'm really enjoying these and am thinking about going for a drive just to finish listening to them (why I can't just listen to them in the house is beyond me).

Last night I dreamt of good Scrabble words. Right now my fingers are bleeding. Christ.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. I like to listen to books-on-CD whilst cleaning. Keeps me going longer so that I actually get it all done.
2. Um...stigmata?

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Stigmata, yes! Are you suggesting that Christ played Scrabble? I didn't know that.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

And lo, He traveled to the land of Bloomington, whence he came upon a youngish woman of much intelligence, accompanied by a noble beast of a dog, and He said unto her: "I am the Word, the Triple-Scoring Word. Thou shalt have no other Words before Me."

Ooops, gotta go--I hear lightning...

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

oh my god, Susan, you've outdone yourself this time. I LOVE IT

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Hey, those years of trying to be a good christian had to add up to somethin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home