Tuesday, December 06, 2005

hope there's no Anthrax in that catalog

Devoted readers will remember that Annabelle has taken to eating the mail in large part because she cannot bite the mail carrier's hand, so she bites what falls from it. Well, let's revise that statement. Yesterday I witnessed the fury that is Annabelle Blue when the mailman comes. She's barking. She's mad. I step out of my office to tell her to shush and I get to see that she doesn't so much eat the mail as she kills it. She literally caught the Eddie Bauer catalog in her mouth as it fell from the slot and shook it back and forth furiously like she does her baby toys. Annabelle is a catalog killer.

Implications: when sending me lovely presents, put them in a package larger than a mail slot.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Hence the phrase, "barking mad"?

And maybe she's just trying to keep you from the temptation of holiday catalogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home