Friday, December 30, 2005

wrist-slitting weather

I can handle clouds in the winter. I survived four winters in Syracuse, NY, after all. But I don't know if I can handle the DOOM that seems to be accompanying these central IL clouds. Gray. Charcoal gray. That's what it's like outside. And colder than it looks. No end in sight. Deadly.

In other news, I'm up before 9 am. And shortly I'll be off to the house of coffee to do some reading to get back into this alleged book I'm writing. Got lots done last night on one of my syllabi, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Yesterday's funny at the dog park:

Me, thinking aloud about which syllabus to work on: I could do rhetoric because that's easy.

Sarah: What's the other one?

Me: Advanced Exposition.

Nan: What did you say?

Me: Advanced Exposition.

Nan: That's not what I thought you said.

Me: What'd you think I said?

Nan: When you say it fast, it sounds like Advance Sexposition.

Me: I can't imagine that those essays would be very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home