Wednesday, December 21, 2005

happy birthday to my blog

One year ago today, Amy hit the blogosphere.

It's also the first day of winter, so happy winter everyone.

By the way, last night I did try talking to my dog through a wrapping-paper roll. Her response was first to cock her head and look like the cutest thing on earth, but then when I persisted and said, through the roll, "Annabelle Blue, I'm gonna get you," she slinked away from me. I scared her. So much for this season's entertainment.

Last night I had dreams that Jen and Michael's Nola, at the age of one month, was walking and talking and throwing things.

I'm trying to get back into that damn book I'm allegedly writing and, my friends, it ain't easy. I want to move on to bigger and brighter things. But first the prospectus. Snarl. There is a carrot today, though. I shall work at the Coffeehouse (where I have no internet access) until 12:30 and then Julia and I shall lunch (I like it when it's a verb like that).

Happy birthday, Lyings and tirades and fears, oh my!

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hoo-rah. Happy bithday blog...you keep me awake at work.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Woot! Woot!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

S'pose you want presents for *this* too... ;)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Gifts! Gifts! I like gifts!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

Your story about Belle reminds me of how I used to chase Mei-Mei around with a mirror until she hid undeneath the sofa. I'm so cruel...

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

The problem with your first post referencing a Counting Crows song is that, well, those titles just become expected. We need more titles referencing CC. (!) Happy birthday. Just got the picture of Belle, by the by. Made me smile. Mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home