Thursday, December 15, 2005

word of the day: butt-pluck

Last night the dog park crew had a small doggie gift exchange (no dogs invited to Kelly's house--gotta love it). Belly got a huge stocking full of rawhide and some Greenies (which dog lovers know are expensive, so I rarely buy them for her) and Cooper got a Christmas collar with bells so that he jingles with every breath he takes and every move he makes.

Don't really know how we got on the subject of pulling things from one's ass, but Dixie, mother of Max, told us that she and some colleagues coined the word for the product that has been pulled from one's ass: a butt-pluck. As in, That was one hell of a butt-pluck he presented to the committee. Or, when proposing conference papers months in advance, never forget the value of a good butt-pluck. Many times, people, many times, I've joined colleagues in pulling things from our collective asses and often the end result, the butt-pluck as we will now say, was quite good.

Here's my wish for you today: may you encounter very few butt-plucks as you read those final papers.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I'm am sooo grossed out by this term. And that's coming from me, the woman with no shame.

Maybe it's because I'm a dog owner. And I once had to assist a friend's really stupid dog (he was, bless his heart, though a real sweetheart) with the digestive result of eating a tampon.

So there you go. Plus it sounds too much like butt plug.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Gonna have to agree on that one. It really does conjur up the image of the not so intellectually stimulating, but maybe otherwise stimulating (depending on who you are I suppose)counterpart.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

I'm waiting for someone at a conference to cite their butt as a source. As in, "According to my butt, 52% of college graduates don't remember their first year composition teacher..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home