Saturday, December 10, 2005

the Belle in camo

As many of my devoted readers know, Annabelle wears boots in the winter to protect her precious paws from the ice and snow and especially salt when we take our long walks each day. Her purple boots, which she's had for three winters, are on the verge of holey. I decided to check if L.L. Bean sells dog boots, and they do, but they sell them as hunting boots, so they come in two colors only: safety orange and camo. I've decided to order them from Bean's because they include a lifetime guarantee. So. Being the stealthy hunter that she is, Belly decided she wants camoflauge boots so that the squirrels won't see her coming.

I promise to post a photo of the girl in her camo boots as soon as they get here.

9 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

I really can't wait to see this pic.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

But, will we be able to see her feet? Or will it look like she's floating above the ground? tee hee

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Devon said...

I, too, am looking forward to this picture.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

please please please tell me that you don't force the girl to wear hats.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

I don't think I like your attitude, Uncle Mikey. I don't FORCE her to do anything. She freely chooses to protect her precious paws from the salt. :)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

I often don't like my attitude either. And but so here's the thing, I said NOTHING about the boots, as I understand, kind of, the need for boots (although, seriously, she's a LAB, named, I might mention, after a certain area in CANADA, and so, see, her genes should enable her to withstand Illinois -- I'm just saying). So, I let the boots slide. ONLY since they are for her protection. Hats, though. I'm not naming names, but someone, not Belle, used to be obsessed with Belle wearing a hat of some sort. Seriously. That's all I'm saying.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Oh, you mean the reindeer antlers? that's only once a year, uncle mikey, and it keeps her humble.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

And let's not forget the birthday hat. And then there was this one period of time when someone, again no naming of names, was reallyreallyreallyreallytrulyandseriouslyandsomemightevensaydisturbingly looking through LL Bean catalogs for a stocking hat. For the Belle. I do know that my anti-dressing-up-dogs-platform is a) wrong and b) unpopular. I'm just being grumpy. The way Belle likes me to be.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Oh, but birthday hats are TOTALLY a necessity. How else would she know what day it was?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home