Tuesday, December 27, 2005

SAD, anyone?

Holy weather-related depression, batman. What a difference the sun makes. Yesterday was CLOUDY and gray and warmish and depressing. I didn't want to get out of bed and once I had, all I wanted was to get back into my bed. But I didn't because that would be even more depressing than simply wanting to be in bed.

But today, I gotta say, all is well because the sun is shining. I got to the video store early (10:30, not QUITE the minute it opened) to rent Grizzly Man, which I'll watch tonight, probably with the Julie Wonka. Bought the sister's birthday card (she's a New Year's baby), did a couple other small errands, and now I'm ready to write and play a few games of online Scrabble. I am completely and totally addicted. Yesterday the server was down for most of the day and I felt very much lost. Add that to the Seasonal Affective Disorder and you've got a recipe for disaster.

The other reason I feel better is that Becky reminded me that of course I feel like this book I'm writing is obvious and stupid (my words) because it is obvious and stupid to me right now. But so was my dissertation the whole time I was writing it.

Thank goodness for life directors and sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home