Thursday, December 22, 2005

Euphony strikes again

Oh. My. God.

So Julia and I had plans yesterday for lunch. My idea was to go to the best pizza place in town, Micheleo's, and have yummy deep dish.

Julia: But I really want a sandwich.

So we go to this newish Irish pub in downtown Normal called Maggie Miley's. I order a Toastie, which is a grilled ham and cheese. She orders a reuben. When the sandwiches arrive, she picks at her corned beef and offers me a bite. No thanks, I say, I don't really like corned beef.

Julia, after taking one bite: I don't really like corned beef. It needs mustard.

She douses the very large sandwich with mustard. She eats the ENTIRE sandwich with no real complaints.

As we're leaving, she starts moaning.

Julia: That corned beef is sitting like a big lump in my stomach.

Me: You're the only person I know who orders a sandwich that you don't even like.

Julia: I don't feel so good. You might not want to walk with me.

Me: I love that you ordered corned beef and you don't even like it. You kill me.

Julia: If I tell you something, will you promise not to laugh?

Me: No.

Julia: I had a fantasy about the sandwich because I had just seen a commercial for Arby's reuben and I had it in my mind that the sandwich would look like that.

Me: So, let me get this straight. We didn't go to Micheleo's so that you could get a sandwich that looked like one you'd seen on a commercial but that you don't even like?

Julia, now dying of laughter and stomach pains: Yes. Stop laughing.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

But it *does* look really yummy in the commercial...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home