Tuesday, January 03, 2006

dog owner of the year

Not so much.

Yesterday morning I woke to yet another day of doom and gloom in Central Illinois. Deadly, I tell you, simply deadly. At 8:30 I got up to let the girl outside. The moisture, it was coming in a spray, nothing big. I went back to bed.

At 9:00 I woke up to the sound of big raindrops on the window near my bed. It was pouring. And poor little stinkbomb was sitting outside in it. I ran to the back door to let her in. I felt so bad. So so bad. But I also had to keep myself from laughing because she just looked so pathetic with her little wet head hanging down in the pouring rain. There's no cover for her in the yard, so she had nowhere to go. Poor poor Bellybugs.

If I were faster on my feet, I would've taken a picture of her suffering out there, but then what kind of dog owner would I be? Running to get the camera while her little head hangs in the rain? Be glad I have no photo, people. Be glad.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jack said...

I used the phrase "doom and gloom" in my blog today as well. So very true.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

I'm sure she got revenge by shaking herself dry in the middle of the house... (I know Mei-Mei would!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home