Thursday, January 12, 2006

group therapy is better than pizza

I'm still a dork and I still love school.

Last night I and my 8 grad students from last semester's social class course got together to workshop two of the essays for the edited collection we're putting together. Throughout the entire three hours, Stefanie was hankerin' for pizza and making that fact well known.

The workshopping: IT WAS SO GOOD. It's group therapy of an intellectual sort.

Me at one point when a particularly deep insight was arrived at: I love group therapy.

John: Group therapy is better than pizza.

Stefanie glares at him.

At the end of the night, we made our plans to workshop the next two essays in February. Stefanie says something about crying when she finished reading Devon's essay.

Stefanie: I cried when I read Amy's, too.

Rob: You cried for Devon, you cried for Amy, but you didn't cry for me. That's my new goal, to make Stefanie cry.

John: Just bring a pizza and don't let her have any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home