Saturday, January 07, 2006

when Scrabble takes over your life

Whoooh boy. The Scrabble. It's killing me.

On Thursday night I turned off my computer at 7:00 (I usually turn it off right before bed) because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from playing just. one. more. game. Really. just. one. more.

I've dreamt of Scrabble words before, and I'm doing it again. When I walk the dog, I note the Scrabble value of signs in people's yards. For Sale By Owner. 25 points. For Rent. 10 points. Beware of dog. 21 points.

Get a life. 12 points.

Write that damn syllabus. 35 points.

Help me. 13 points.

Make it stop. 18 points.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

You are sooooo like MsJ. Lately, her obsession is sudoku puzzles. Before that: knitting. And even if it's focus gone awry, I gotta admire that level of focus.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

are you saying I'm not ADD after all?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I was actually suggesting that this might be an OCD behavior...you could be the whole alphabet! (How many points is that?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home