Saturday, March 04, 2006

wishful thinking...and it might be working

Yesterday I put the flannel sheets away and made my bed with cotton percale. What a nice word that last one is, eh? I've still got 14,000 blankets on my bed, including FOUR quilts, but still, the switch to cool sheets from flannel can only mean that spring is on its way.

I woke up this morning to sunshine sunshine sunshine in my bedroom.

In other news, in about twenty minutes, Annabelle will be sedated in order to have her toenails cut. This is harder on me than it is on her, and I'm already feeling jittery about it, and I'm afraid Belly will sense my anxiety. Instead of our usual Saturday morning trip to the dog park, we're going to the vet. On such a sunshiney day. Sadders.

Rereading Beloved this weekend and drafting my C's paper. Playing skit-skat tonight with the peeps, and painting pottery tomorrow. And, of course, watching my boyfriend as he hosts the Academy Awards. Ahh, love.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Just received our new Lands End Supima cotton sheet--it's in the wash right now, getting ready for tonight. Ahhhhh... Also, I saw lots of little tulips and such poking their leafy heads out of the ground around NYC yesterday. Granted, I was also being flash-frozen by an icy wind, but still, there's hope...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home