Saturday, February 25, 2006

tonight I paid full price for a Disney movie

and I have no regrets.

I finally got that cry I've been wanting since Brokeback.

Eight Below. Can't say I'd take a child to this movie, though it was an added bonus that I was sitting behind a little person since it was easy to see over her head. There were a couple really scary parts. I screamed once.

At times when I get all caught up in school work and scholarship and working working working until I can't work anymore but I keep on working because I'm not really sure what else to do with myself, a movie like this makes me remember that work is not life. Life is not work. My Booda Booda Stinkbomb, she's worth working for.

I came home and hugged and hugged my girl. If I could, I'd rename her Maya. Don't be surprised to see lots of little female puppies named Maya this year.

Annabelle Blue Maya Butler. Cuters.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

I bet you screamed when I did!

There was a kid near us wailing in tears at a particular moment. I know it's a Disney movie, but I would not feel comfortable taking someone under ten, I think. I knew what was going to happen but had to force myself to calm down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home