Monday, April 24, 2006

yesterday I was accused of cheating

and I gotta tell ya, I think I'm flattered.

The online Scrabble has a function where you can send messages to the person you're playing with. Usually when a game is started, people will send "gl" or good luck messages to one another, but that's usually it until the end of a game when players will say "tygg"--or thank you, good game. I rarely say anything else to players, unless I'm playing online with Hillary--and then I whine a whole lot when I don't get my way.

Yesterday I was kicking ass and taking names, as it were. The person I was playing against, "lady" something or other (so I'm assuming it was a she) apparently got frustrated after I made a whopper of a move on the triple word score with "vapors" with the "s" connected to the already existing "zit." So she quit. And when she quit, she sent me a message with just three words: "nice software program."

At first I didn't get it. "Huh?" Then it hit me. She thought I was cheating with some kind of Scrabble program!

I knew I was good. But I never thought I was software-program good. Eat it up, Becky.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jack said...

does it get any better than that?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

You rock. You're the only person I know whose brain has been mistaken for computer software. I'm with Sam: It definitely doesn't get any better than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home