Wednesday, June 14, 2006

funners in the sunners

Met a great group of women tonight at dinner and we hooted and hollered all night long over free beers and cheese. One of the women teaches at Smith in Northampton, and I told her I'm from Chicopee and she told me she gets her hair done in Chicopee. Made me feel all at home and shit.

And then. And then. And then.

I think my writing skills might be suffering a bit this week. All for the love of pink flamingos.

Tuesday's grading was rough, but today was much better. The day went pretty quickly. Tomorrow's officially hump day. I wonder if we'll get a special present. Stay tuned.

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mike @ Vitia said...

Wow. I live in Williamsburg, just up Route 9 (tho not for very much longer) from Northampton, and my attorney who lives in Holyoke has recently introduced me to the joys of Chicopee. We had dinner on the patio at Munich Haus a couple weeks ago and watched driver after driver nearly wreck as they tried to navigate that one-way-traffic intersection at Exchange, Center, and Springfield streets.

When you were growing up there, was Chapin the place where the bad kids went to high school?

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Nope, I went to Chapin Elementary, which no longer exists. The cool kids went to Chicopee Comprehensive H.S. (comprehensive because it had voc AND college prep) and the not-so-cool kids went to Chicopee High. You gonna be around at the end of July? I'm coming back east for a visit with the dreaded family.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

And who's your attorney? I used to work for a firm in Holyoke.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mike @ Vitia said...

I just asked 'cause I've got a good friend who teaches at Chicopee Academy (where the old Chicopee High used to be), which is the end-of-the-line school for the most troubled kids (18-year old HS freshmen, arrest records, lots of meds, etc.) in the area, and it used to be called Chapin, in a big scary-looking building on Meadow Street.

At the end of July, I'm afraid I'm going to be attending the new faculty orientation down by the Hudson River :-) ...

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Hey, that big scary looking building is where I learned to read and where I puked on the floor in the third grade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home