Friday, June 09, 2006

if you're angry and you know it, clap your hands

Been away from the blog for a few days cuz I ain't got nothing to say except that I've been struggling with anger.

Anger and plagiarism, that is. An article. On that subject.

It's a beast right now, which means I am the proud owner of two beasts, one black, one red.

On Wednesday I took a vacation day. I took Belly up to Comlara Park/Evergreen Lake and she was SUCH A GOOD GIRL she nearly broke my heart. I know I probably say that a lot, that I express too much surprise when she's so good, but damn, she was a handful up until she was 3. But now she's my good good girl. She ran off leash, poked around in the woods for scurrying things, went swim-swim-swimmin', and always checked back in with me when she got too far ahead. We came home and both took naps. Then I spent the afternoon reading To Kill a Mockingbird, which I haven't read since high school. My motives for picking it up were less than pure: I had nothing in the house on the queue (great Scrabble word) and I was waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy of Lori Lansens' The Girls, a novel told from the perspectives of conjoined twins. Something I could very easily become mildly obsessed with. So I picked up the Mockingbird and haven't put it down since, even though my Amazon package arrived the next day.

Question of the weekend as I pack for Florida: will I have enough clean underwear to last me 9 days?

3 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Jack said...

my list for new york reccomended 14 pairs of underwear. 14, you're most beloved number! needless to say i made a trip to target.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, girl, we do have washers and dryers in Florida! And electricity and gas to run 'em. Most motels are equipped with laundries, because most guests have wet towels and bathing suits.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Hey, have you read Adrienne Rich's essay on anger? More of a creative piece, but interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home