Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tricksters kick some major ass

So much so, in fact, that the game ended after 35 minutes. Hey, we were just getting started.

Final score: Tricksters 19, Opponents 1.

Um. Yeah.

I made the first run of the evening, which made me feel all important and shit. I missed the only play that came to me at second base because I had backed up too far for a very large man who then hit it pretty wimpily toward me and I had to run forward quite a bit to get it. Phooey on that.

And I was scolded by the umpire for swearing. But it was swearing as an exclamation of wonder, not of anger. Bill, our pitcher, made an amazing grab, and I yelled, "Shit, Bill!"

Nice girls don't swear.

We all went out for beers after to celebrate what Jeff pointed out was a run scored every two minutes. More if you don't count the time we were actually in the field.

Two games next Monday that I'll miss because I'll be in sunny Florida. Shee-it.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

"There's no swearing in softball!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home