Wednesday, June 21, 2006

home sweet home

I guess when I go to Massachusetts next month, I can't really say I'm going "home." Home is here, where my girl is and where my friends are and where my work is. It's incredibly good to be home.

Remember that novel I was so excited about reading--The Girls by Lori Lansens--the one that's told from the perspectives of conjoined twins? What a disappointment. Things happen in the novel that are simply physically impossible given the nature of their conjoinment, and I'm just not able to suspend my disbelief in order to keep reading. So it's off to the bookstore I go today to get new fun stuff to read.

My cold is mostly gone, this one being much shorter lived than the last one. NyQuil is a godsend. I slept 12 hours Monday night.

The Tricksters won our game on Monday night. I ran the bases at least 3 1/2 times--this on the one night of the season when I can barely breathe. Luckily, none of that running involved more than one base at a time or I might've collapsed.

Belly loves her new toy named Sprout. She's been such a good girl since I got home. My sweet, sweet Booda.

Back to the writing life tomorrow. I need one more day of doing nothing, just me and my girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home