Saturday, June 24, 2006

my mother knows what Birkenstocks are...

...because, my friends, she watches QVC.

Clearly, if this is the title of a post, I ain't got much to say these days.

Today I'm alternating working on a teaching portfolio with taking walks because the weather is absolutely PERFECT out there.

All that shit I'm always writing about knowing thyself? My life is one big catch-22. If I were to teach in the summer, I'd be miserable because I'd have no time to myself and no time to recharge. Yet because I'm not teaching, I get way too deep into my own internal issues when I'm alone for too long and then I become miserable. This is why this academic life is so good for me: alternating time with and without people. But summers are hard sometimes. I get a bit sick of myself.

Okay, perhaps that last line is one I shouldn't necessarily include in the statements about my teaching. tee hee.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birkenstocks have been around since 1774, way before QVC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home