Sunday, October 29, 2006

annual post in which I whine about it being dark at 5:00

Let's talk about sleep. This morning I slept in until 9:15 and it felt so. damn. good. I was covered in layers and layers of thick blankets and I couldn't move and I slept like a log (a log just lies there and doesn't move, says S. As opposed to a baby, which sleeps in fits and starts). Because I went to the dog park in the afternoon instead of the morning, I had a leisurely Sunday morning for the first time in I don't know how long.

Last night S. and I were snuggling on the couch watching the Law & Order I'd taped the night before and he fell asleep on me. The magic, as they say, it must be gone.

Kidding.

The darkness. Let's talk about that, shall we? But you already know what I'm gonna say. It makes me sad, depressed, tired, cranky, especially when I leave class at 5:15 and it's dark dark dark. But hey, the new drugs just might counteract this depressing darkness, as I wasn't on them last year at this time. Cross your fingers.

In absolutely unrelated news, I'm on a search committee this year and I'm going to MLA, it seems. On the other side of the fence, as it were.

That's my new saying: as it were. I'm saying it left and right and beginning to drive myself nuts.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea--you'll be at MLA! wheeeee

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

I'm on a search committee, too, so I'll be there. We should meet up and chat or whatever.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

yeah, that'd be good. Let's be sure to make time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home