Thursday, July 19, 2007

8 things you never knew about me

Nels tagged me, and I shall comply because I have nothing else to blog about, but I'm not following the rules. Why? Because it requires that you tag 8 people, and as Nels is already one of my four blog friends, I don't want to look too pathetic. So there will be no tagging from here. Sowwy.

1. My first illegal job, held at age 14, was washing dishes at a restaurant in the mall. I absolutely hated it. Everytime a rack full of really disgusting pots would roll back into the kitchen, I'd look around to see if anyone was watching and I'd throw away one or two of the worst ones. That job didn't last long--Hillary and I quit one night. We simply up and left because there was a party we wanted to go to and the dirty pots wouldn't quit.
2. I weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces when I was born and my heart was beating way too fast. They had to move me from Holyoke, MA, to a hospital in Hartford, CT. I was on a drug for the heart for my first year of life.
3. I have the world's most refined parking karma. It rarely fails. It endlessly blows Wonka's mind.
4. I grew up in a house with cats and was afraid of dogs for most of my life, especially German Shepherds. The dog who turned me around lived in my landlord's house--I lived in the attic of a private home while I went to UMass Boston, and the sweet sweet Portuguese Waterdog came up to visit often. She brought me over to her side.
5. I have recurring nightmares of my teeth falling out.
6. When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a writer. Okay, not a writer but an author. I remember a middle-school teacher hearing this and telling me just how difficult such a thing would be.
7. I have a really hard time with clutter. You probably already knew this about me. I like things simple, clean, and in their place.
8. When I go shopping, I have two major weaknesses: earrings and sheets. I love new sheets. I don't buy the really really expensive ones, so that way I can have more variety. Thus, my linen closet is always cluttered. In this way, I am my mother.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home