Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cubbies!

I picked a good year to become a Cubbies fan, I think. Am I jinxing things by saying that? Last night S. went to an indoor football game with a friend and I stayed home and watched the Cubs beat Pittsburgh. Yes, this is Amy writing. Nobody has coopted my blog. It's really me who stayed home and watched the Cubbies. Will wonders never cease? I was going to rent a movie, but then I decided that a baseball game requires less full-on attention. So I caught up on magazines with the game on.

We're going back up to Chicago on Friday to see the Cubbies play Houston. This heat wave is allegedly going to break on Wednesday, so we should be okay. The first 20,000 fans get a present (last time it was a Cubs Sharpie--I love Sharpies!), so we gotta get there in time for that.

Busy busy summer. I'm exhausted. Tired but not sleepy. S.'s house is coming along, though. We did the hallway on Friday--a golden yellow called Willow's Gold. Who comes up with these names? Next is the foyer, which is gonna be a bitch because of the stairs and the height. English Ivy that one's called. I won't be painting on a ladder, but S. will. I promise to post pics as soon as we put in the fake floor. Right now the carpet cannot show up in any photos. Local ordinances say so.

As for my writing, it's coming along very slowly. I've got so much guilt for actually having a life and not working all the time. But I guess this is why I worked all the time: so I can have a life.

This afternoon I'm doing a different kind of painting: pottery. Haven't done that in months and I'm looking forward to some girl time.

Go Cubbies!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home